A designer by qualification and a photographer by passion, Archna Singh is an adept Wildlife & Nature photographer for the last few years.
Archna majored in World History followed by a second Honours degree in Design from the prestigious National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi and has been associated with design and its intricacies for close to two decades. She has been teaching design as a guest faculty at NIFT, New Delhi & Pearl Academy since early 2006.
Archna’s foray into the world of photography began in 2006 assisting Delhi based acclaimed photographer Akhil Bakhshi. Working behind the lens was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and it encouraged her to actually start playing with the camera. Self-learning and experimentation have brought her to where she stands today. Her journey has been one of inner discovery and has unerringly led to her combine her passion for photography with her deep love of wildlife.
Backed by a strong design background, she has been actively involved in designing and publishing books, calendars, walks, events & exhibitions on wildlife for the last few years under her trademark “Orah Wildlife”.
Her wildlife images have been published in the National Geographic, BBC wildlife Magazine (UK), Wildlife Saevus magazine, Times UK & various publications across the UK. Her image titled “Muscle Power” was awarded an honourable mention in the National Geographic Photographer of the Year 2014, under the Nature category and was one of the top ten finalists in the 13th Annual Smithsonian Awards.
Exhibitions & Shows:
- Beauty In The Beast – An audio-visual show to raise awareness about our wildlife, at the Gulmohar, India Habitat Centre, March 2012.
- World Wildlife Week – Exclusive display of wildlife in Africa & India at the DOD Foyer, India Habitat Centre, 1st Oct- 31st Oct 2012.
- On Higher Ground – First solo exhibition on wildlife in Africa & India, at the Visuals Art Gallery, 27th Oct-1st Nov 2012.
- Romanticists – A group exhibition of eight artists from different genres – portraying emotions and subtle moments captured in the wild Africa, at Galerie Romain Rolland, Alliance Francaise, New Delhi, March 9th-11th 2013
- On Higher Ground – A solo exhibition on wildlife in Africa & India, at the Kriti Art Gallery, 15th Dec – 18th January 2014
This is her journey in one of her most favourite subjects. She pursues it to hopefully earn a third Honours degree.